Scroll down on this page to find:
- Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities
- Brant Learn ECE – Online Learning
- Outreach Information
- RECE Qualifications Upgrade Program/Recruitment and Retention
- Job Postings
- Supply Staff Registry
- Tools and Information
Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities
May to August (posted)
September to December (posted)
Brant Learn ECE – Online learning
Free to eligible professionals. Click on Brant Learn logo or https://blece.desire2learn.com/ to get to the log in page (must first be registered as a user – see below).
Early Learning and Child Care Staff working in Brant within Licensed Child Care Centre, Licensed Home Child Care or Family Resource Centre AND the site must be part of the City of Brantford Child Care Services System. Sorry, no exceptions at this time. ECE Students or Professionals working in Six Nations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
To register as a user for Brant Learn ECE send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your full name, including middle initial
- Your current work place and address
- Your supervisor’s name and phone number
- Your email address where you would like your user information and log in link sent
- View a list of some of the workshops that are being offered by clicking here.
- If you are experiencing any problems or notice any errors, please let us know so we can fix the issue. Call 519-759-3833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Outreach and Events – The Ontario Early Years Centre Brant Staff and the Early Literacy Specialist are available to go into the community and facilitate workshops.
- Are you leading a parenting group/children’s program?
- Are there financial restrictions preventing you from gaining new skills?
- Is staff/volunteer time stretched to its limit?
- Are you faced with ongoing training demands?
Outreach services can bring customized professional development and supports to your site! All outreach requests should be submitted two months prior to the date.
Once completed, print and fax to 519-759-0173 or scan and email to email@example.com
ECE Qualifications Upgrade Program
Education grants are available to cover tuition fees related to a recognized Early Childhood Education diploma. www.ecegrants.on.ca
Considering a Career as an Early Childhood Educator?
For more information on Early Childhood Educators visit:
- Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO) http://www.aeceo.ca/
- College of Early Childhood Educators https://www.college-ece.ca/en
For information on post secondary education visit:
- Ontario Colleges http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/home
- Canadian Universities http://www.canadian-universities.net/
Early Years and Child Care Professionals -Workforce Study
Please complete by December 4, 2017
The Ontario Ministry of Education has commissioned R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. to undertake a workforce study on early years and child care professionals in licensed child care and early years programs in Ontario. The study will support the development of a Workforce Strategy, outlined in the Renewed Early Years and Child Care Policy Framework launched by the Ministry on June 6, 2017.
You are being invited to participate in an online survey of early years and child care educators across Ontario. The survey responses will help us identify opportunities to support recruitment, retention, education and training of professionals.
The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and can be completed online.
To register for the survey, click on the following link or paste it into your browser’s address bar: www.cceyreg.malatest.net
If you have any questions about this survey, please contact: Erika Clark, Research Assistant, R.A. Malatest & Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your time and participation.
If you would like your job posting to be added to this website, email a PDF to email@example.com
YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford
Preschool Child Care Supervisor
Permanent Full Time Position – Placement December 1, 2017 – Brantford
For more details, view the posting.
Child Care Provider for Licensed Agency
Wee Watch Brantford
For more details, view the posting.
Supply Staff Registry
Ontario Early Years Centre Brant hosts a Community Supply Staff Registry. There are guidelines for Employers that want to use the Supply Staff Registry and Staff that want to put their resume in the Registry Binder.
Employers Guide to Using the Supply Staff Registry
- Are you looking for supply staff?
- Are you aware of the Supply Staff Registry at the OEYC: Brant?
- This service is available on site ONLY.
- The role of the supply staff registry is to help employer’s and potential employees to make a connection.
- The OEYC: Brant is not in a position to screen candidates.
- The binder is designed so that the most recent resumes will appear in the front.
- All resumes will be kept in this binder for 6 months.
Supply Staff Registry Guidelines
- The role of the supply staff registry is to help future employers and potential employees to make a connection.
- This binder is designed so that the most recent resumes will appear in the front.
- All resumes need to be submitted in hard copy to the Resource Library at 30 Bell Lane to be date stamped and placed in the binder.
- All resumes will be kept in this binder for 6 months unless we are notified to remove earlier.
- Resumes can be renewed via a telephone call to the Resource Library at the Ontario Early Years Centre: Brant.
For more information please call 519-759-3833. The Supply Registry is available at the main location at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford. Note: It is NOT the responsibility of The Ontario Early Years Centre: Brant to verify any information or screen candidates. This is a directory service only.
Child Development Screening Tool – The Nipissing District Developmental Screen (NDDS), is an innovative developmental screening tool available to healthcare or childcare professionals working with infants and children up to six years of age. Visit http://www.ndds.ca/
Website for Child Care Human Resources Sector Council – New Resource: Toolkit for the Early Childhood Education and Care Sector – includes great recruitment and retention strategies and much more. http://www.ccsc-cssge.ca/hr-resource-centre/hr-toolkit
Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT)
A Framework For Ontario Early Childhood Settings
How Does Learning Happen?
Ministry of Education – http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/
For Your Information
Caring for Syrian Refugee Children: A Program Guide for Welcoming Young Children and Their Families