About EarlyON Child and Family Centres
The Ministry of Education has invested in Early Years programming to make it easier for children and their families to access high quality early years programming. 100 new EarlyON Centres (formerly known as Ontario Early Years Centre’s, Family Resource Centres or Parenting and Family Literacy Centres) are being launched across the province over 3 years. The existing service providers for Early Years Support Programs will now all be called EarlyON Child and Family Centres and have a consistent branding.
This will provide increased early years programming in neighbourhoods that have been underserviced by providing support, advice, personal connections and a network of resources in addition to play and inquiry based programs for young children and their parents/caregivers. The new name is effective January 2018.
The EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford offers supports and services for Early Childhood Educators, Professionals and Caregivers working with young children 0-6 years: These services include:
- Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities
- Brant Learn ECE – Online Learning
- Outreach Information
- RECE Qualifications Upgrade Program/Recruitment and Retention
- Job Postings
- Supply Staff Registry
- Tools and Information
Scroll down on this page to find the above services.
Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities
January to April (posted) –
May to August (posted)
September to December (not posted)
10th Annual Child Care Cooks Symposium 2018
Friday, June 8 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Northridge Golf Club, 320 Balmoral Drive, Brantford
Contact Judy Baillie or Cheryl Smith at 519-759-3833 or mail or drop off payment to EarlyON Child and Family Centre, 30 Bell Lane, P.O. Box 25040, Brantford, ON N3T 6K5
For more details, view the flyer.
Brant Learn ECE – Online learning
Free to eligible professionals. Click on Brant Learn logo or https://blece.desire2learn.com/ to get to the log in page (must first be registered as a user – see below).
Early Learning and Child Care Staff working in Brantford, The County of Brant and Six Nations within a Licensed Child Care Centre, Licensed Home Child Care or Family Resource Centre AND the site must be part of the City of Brantford Child Care Services System. Sorry, no exceptions at this time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
To register as a user for Brant Learn ECE send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your full name, including middle initial
- Your current work place and address
- Your supervisor’s name and phone number
- Your email address where you would like your user information and log in link sent
- View a list of some of the workshops that are being offered by clicking here.
- If you are experiencing any problems or notice any errors, please let us know so we can fix the issue. Call 519-759-3833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Community Outreach and Events – The EarlyON Staff at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford and the Early Literacy Specialist are available to go into the community and facilitate workshops.
- Are you leading a parenting group/children’s program?
- Are there financial restrictions preventing you from gaining new skills?
- Is staff/volunteer time stretched to its limit?
- Are you faced with ongoing training demands?
Outreach services can bring customized Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities and Supports to your site! All outreach requests should be submitted two months prior to the date.
Once completed, print and fax to 519-759-0173 or scan and email to email@example.com .
ECE Qualifications Upgrade Program
Education grants are available to cover tuition fees related to a recognized Early Childhood Education diploma. www.ecegrants.on.ca
Considering a Career as an Early Childhood Educator?
For more information on Early Childhood Educators visit:
- Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO) http://www.aeceo.ca/
- College of Early Childhood Educators https://www.college-ece.ca/en
For information on post secondary education visit:
- Ontario Colleges http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/home
- Canadian Universities http://www.canadian-universities.net/
If you would like your job posting to be added to this website, email a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brant Family and Children’s Services
Child Development Worker. View the posting for more details.
EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Early Childhood Community Support Worker – Temporary Full Time– View the posting for more details.
Early Childhood Community Support Worker – Temporary Part Time (3 positions) – View the posting for more details.
Child Care Provider for Licensed Agency
Wee Watch Brantford
For more details, view the posting.
Supply Staff Registry
EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford, hosts a Community Supply Staff Registry. There are guidelines for Employers that want to use the Supply Staff Registry and Staff that want to put their resume in the Registry Binder.
Employers Guide to Using the Supply Staff Registry
- Are you looking for supply staff?
- Are you aware of the Supply Staff Registry at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 30 Bell Lane?
- This service is available on site ONLY.
- The role of the supply staff registry is to help employer’s and potential employees to make a connection.
- The EarlyON Child and Family Centre is not in a position to screen candidates.
- The binder is designed so that the most recent resumes will appear in the front.
- All resumes will be kept in this binder for 6 months.
Supply Staff Registry Guidelines
- The role of the supply staff registry is to help future employers and potential employees to make a connection.
- This binder is designed so that the most recent resumes will appear in the front.
- All resumes need to be submitted in hard copy to the EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford, to be date stamped and placed in the binder.
- All resumes will be kept in this binder for 6 months unless we are notified to remove earlier.
- Resumes can be renewed via a telephone call to the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
For more information please call 519-759-3833. The Supply Registry is available at the main location at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford. Note: It is NOT the responsibility of EarlyON Child and Family Centre to verify any information or screen candidates. This is a directory service only.
Child Development Screening Tool – The Nipissing District Developmental Screen (NDDS), is an innovative developmental screening tool available to healthcare or childcare professionals working with infants and children up to six years of age. Visit http://www.ndds.ca/
Website for Child Care Human Resources Sector Council – New Resource: Toolkit for the Early Childhood Education and Care Sector – includes great recruitment and retention strategies and much more. http://www.ccsc-cssge.ca/hr-resource-centre/hr-toolkit
Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT)
A Framework For Ontario Early Childhood Settings
How Does Learning Happen?
Ministry of Education – http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/
For Your Information
Caring for Syrian Refugee Children: A Program Guide for Welcoming Young Children and Their Families